Blood Pressure Review
If you have been advised by the surgery to submit your blood pressure readings on a regular basis please use this form.
Please monitor and record your blood pressure at home for 7 consecutive days (minimum 5). Remember to bring this diary with you to your next appointment/review.
When to measure:
- Monitor your blood pressure in the morning and evening at roughly the same time
- Measure your morning blood pressure before you take your medication
- Don’t exercise, smoke, eat or drink caffeine in the 30 minute before measurements
- If you are taking blood pressure medication, monitor your blood pressure a minimum of 1.5 hours after taking the drug
Measuring blood pressure:
- Do sit quietly for 5 minutes before starting measurements (no TV, talking, reading, phone use)
- Do sit with feet flat on the floor, legs uncrossed, upper arm bare, back and arm supported with upper arm at the level of the heart
- Do write down the numbers in the form exactly as they appear on the monitor screen – do not round them up or down
- Do take a minimum of two readings, leaving at least a minute between each. If the first two readings are very different, take 2 or 3 further readings. Write down the average of the last 2 readings. Note the number taken